All for a Better Healthcare
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt of India, has come up with some new and innovative online initiatives towards further improving the healthcare system of our country.
e-RaktKosh: A Centralised Blood Bank Management System
e-RaktKosh, inaugurated on April 7, 2016, is a Government of India initiative which connects, digitises and streamlines the workflow of blood banks and blood storage centres across India in a transparent way
Important Services under e-RaktKosh:
- Information on Nearest Blood Bank Enquiry
- Blood Availability
- Camp Schedule
- Blood Donation
e-RaktKosh is available on Google Play Store and iOS store
For more information, visit: www.eraktkosh.in
NIKSHAY- A web based solution for monitoring of TB patients
NIKSHAY is a unique web enabled application which maintains the database of individual TB patients and effectively uses this database for eradication of TB in India.
Jointly developed by the Central TB Division of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and National Informatics Centre (NIC), NIKSHAY’s main intention is to create a database of all TB patients and effectively use this database for eradication of TB in India.
Objectives of NIKSHAY:
- To improve Tuberculosis surveillance in India
- To enable individual patient wise monitoring & tracking of TB treatment
- To automate reporting, once the case wise data is regularly entered and updated
- To facilitate online referral / transfer mechanism with real time information transmission to prevent patient loss
- To monitor TB treatment saving the lead time in hard copy updating in TB register
- To make real time data available at block & district level for prioritised and focused supervision
- To create electronic database of all TB patient details for further in-depth analysis
For more information, visit: www.nikshay.gov.in
Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS)
Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) is a health insurance scheme, which provides comprehensive medical cover to central government employees, pensioners and their dependents.
- Under CGHS, beneficiaries are given a plastic card called the CGHS Card, which contains a photo of the beneficiary along with a distinctive beneficiary ID number.
- The beneficiary has to display this card in order to avail the facilities under CGHS.
Treatment covered by the Scheme:
*Online Application for CGHS Card can be done by visiting CGHS web portal www.cghs.nic.in or CGHS website www.cghs.gov.in.