18 Dec 2015
Diu City a city of tiny island Diu District of U.T. Administration of Daman & Diu has been selected for Smart City mission-2015 in stage-I.
Diu Municipal Council has started citizen initiatives under stage-II for preparation of Smart City proposal to make “Diu” a Smart City as per the Smart City mission guideline. The followings are the initiatives initiated by DMC-Diu for active citizen participation.
- Meeting of councilors were held at Council Hall of DMC-Diu on 26/11/2015 briefing Smart City Mission guideline.
- Meeting of Govt. officers and leading citizen, DMC-Councilors, representatives of Associations were held in Chairmanship of District Collector, Diu On 27/11/2015.
- Information Pamphlets & suggestions forms for Smart City DIU were distributed in all 13 wards of Diu City area among the citizen, experts, officers & councilors to give their suggestive feedbacks.
- Press advertisement were also published for inviting citizen for active participation to give their valuable suggestions of their needs.
- Hording were also fixed on the city area for public information.
- City Announcement in the area DMC-Diu has also been undertaken for three days announcing citizen to give their feedback to make Diu a Smart City.
- The Citizen Initiatives for Smart City Diu has been launched on website mygov.in on diu.gov.in and also on DMC-Diu website diumunicipalcouncil.com including Facebook account and mobile account on Whatsup for submitting their suggestion online.
- Essay and Drawing competition were held on 02/12/2015 among the school students and citizen.
- The consultant has assessed the suggestions received from the citizen and derived vision and need of priority for preparation of Smart City proposal considering Area based development & PAN city solution.
- The Vision derived in the possess of Smart City Initiatives for Diu is
“To develop Diu as a zero carbon footprint city & promote as tourist destination, preserving its heritage and enhance the social & economic living of citizens by guiding the development in sustainable manner, conserving eco-fragile areas & inviting investments”.
- The consultant has prepared the Draft Smart City proposal for area based development and Pan City solution considering the suggestions of citizen needs, in the various sectors of citizen need and future demands.
- Under Round-3 of Smart City challenges, the Draft Smart City proposal has been presented for information & suggestions at city level before Diu city Councilors, Govt. officers, Leading citizen, Representatives of corporate/private associations and citizen in the Auditorium Hall of Diu Municipal Council, Diu under Chairmanship of Diu District Collector, President DMC-Diu on 08/12/2015.
- Draft Smart City proposal were then presented before U.T. Level “High Powered Screening Committee” (HPSC) on 10/12/2015 at conference Hall, secretariat, Daman, under the Chairmanship of Hon’ble Administrator, U.T. of Daman and Diu & DNH, for its finalization for submission to MoUD.
- Draft Smart City proposal for Diu city (Diu Municipal Council, Diu) has been prepared by the consultant is works out for total amount of Rs. 464.38 Crores and the presentation of Draft SCP is placed here for citizen information.
Click here to view presentation >>