01 Aug 2017
Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s strong conversations with his countrymen touch the hearts of billions who eagerly listen to his thoughts for the development of India. His demeanor is rooted with a spell-binding honesty exclusive to PM Modi that reflects the unsaid feelings of the common man of this country. However, the one distinctive ingredient of his personality that fascinates all and the sundry is his cognitive power to communicate a feeling of compassion and familiarity in different ways conducting him as a leader beyond excellence.
In his 34th Mann Ki Baat, the Prime Minister asked the countrymen to join him in taking an oath to drive evils like casteism, terrorism, corruption and disorder out of the country. He also lauded the Indian women cricket team’s feat in the World Cup and how they have brought honor to the nation. His speech infused more clarity on the historic GST reform which has marvelously boosted the economy of India.
Here are 10 key takeaways from PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Mann Ki Baat’ address:
- GST – a Good and Simple Tax that has added a positive flavor to the economy. The Prime Minister said that it presents a case study for every student of economics.
- GST, in addition to being a tax reform is also a social reform that steers the economy with honesty and sincerity.
- GST reduced check points on highways resulting in smoother flow of trucks, lower pollution levels, and faster transportation of goods.
- ‘Quit India Quiz’ launched so that the youth get to connect to India’s proud history.
- 24×7 control room helpline number 1078 made functional to deal with the flood situation.
- From 9th August 2017, a mega campaign called ‘Sankalp se Siddhi’ will be launched wherein every Indian, social organisations, Local Self-Government Institutions, schools, colleges, various organizations etc. should take a resolution for a New India.
- The Prime Minister remembered Lokmanya Tilak, the architect of Ganesh Utsav and stressed that the citizens should take inspiration from him and further the tradition of unity and collectiveness in the society.
- Festivals are directly connected with the upliftment of the poor as it drives their economic activities.
- Indian women are making the country proud in every field. Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulated the Indian Women’s cricket team for giving their best in the World Cup and winning the hearts of 125 crore Indians.
- Red Fort resonates not one but the voices of 125 crore Indians. The Prime Minister invited suggestions and new ideas for his Independence Day address to the nation
To contribute your ideas for the Prime Minister’s Independence Day speech , click here