Harnessing the power of “Yuva Shakti” – PM Modi pays tribute to Swami Vivekananda on National Youth Day
Every year on the 12th of January, the country in high spirits celebrates National Youth Day which marks the birth anniversary of one of the greatest souls of modern India, Swami Vivekananda. Gracing the occasion, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed two video conferences during which he inaugurated the 22nd National Youth Festival and delivered his speech to Sarva Dharma Sabha at Belagavi, Karnataka.
Over the years, the philosophy, teachings and ideals of Swami Vivekananda have contributed to inspire generations. Taking forward this vision, here are the key takeaways from the PM’s address on National Youth Day:
- Youth, by definition, is one who works towards his future goals, unmindful of the past
- India’s objective is to give its youth the capabilities and skills to make this century an Indian century
- The PM urged the youth to think of concrete objectives for the years 2019 and 2022 for the 150th anniversary year of Mahatma Gandhi and the 75th anniversary of Independence
- There was a lot of propaganda against India in the Western world that Swami Vivekananda proved wrong. He also raised a voice against social evils.
- It is India’s youth that is taking the Swachh Bharat Mission to new heights
- Stating that Seva Bhav is a part of our culture, he said that all over India, there are several individuals and organisations selflessly serving society
- The PM exhorted to work towards making our nation Open Defecation Free