- Year of 2020
- Year of 2019
- Year of 2018
- Year of 2017
- Year of 2016
- Year of 2015
- Year of 2014
President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind presented Swachh Bharat awards to various swachhata champions on the occasion of Swachh Mahotsav 2019, held at the Vigyan Bhawan on 6th September, 2019.
Speaking at the event, the President complimented the Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) for inspiring historic behavior change in the country and putting forth a model for the world to replicate.
He also congratulated the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS), Ministry of Jal Shakti for relentless efforts during the past 5 years in inspiring behavior change at the grassroots under the SBM. He said that it was a matter of pride that under the SBM, our nation is all set to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals of sanitation for all by 2019 itself.
Also speaking on the occasion, Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, Union Minister for Jal Shakti said, “SBM has not only been a behavior change programme, but it has also been a leadership-building movement, where we wanted people at the grassroots level to emerge as leaders in Swachhata.”
Offering his comments, Shri Rattan Lal Kataria, Minister of State for Jal Shakti and Social Justice and Empowerment, said, “Gifting an ODF India and fulfilling Gandhi Ji’s dream of a Swachh Bharat is the biggest tribute we can give to our beloved Bapu on his 150th birth anniversary.
Shri Parameswaran Iyer, Secretary, Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation welcomed all the attendees from across the country and congratulated them for making SBM the largest Jan Andolan in the world.
More than 1300 swachhata champions including school children, NCC cadets, volunteers from NSS and NYKS, swachhagrahies, sarpanches, representatives from States and UTs, central government ministries and media persons participated in the grand event.
Awardees felicitated by the President were:
• Swachh Bharat Summer Internship (SBSI):
NYKS – Vision Youth Association, Anantapuramu
NCC – Ranjitha S
NSS – Bharatiya Shaheed Sainik School, Nainital
• ODF Plus IEC Campaign – State Government of Sikkim and State Government of Gujarat
• Swachh Iconic Places – Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Temple
• Swachhata Pakhwada – Department of Defence
• Swachhata Action Plan – Ministry of Railways
• Ganga Gram – Baghori Village in Uttarkashi
• Contribution to Swachh Bharat Kosh – PSU – Power Grid Corporation India Limited
Awardees presented by the Union Minister of Jal Shakti were:
• Swachh Iconic Place: CSTM Railway station Mumbai, Golden Temple, Amritsar, Meenakshi Temple in Madurai, Ma Kamakhya Temple in Guwahati, Shri Somnath Temple, Gujarat, Mahakaleshwar Temple, Ujjain, Shri Baba Baidyanath Temple, Deoghar, and Mana Village.
• Swachhata Action Plan: Department of Posts, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Ministry of Coal, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, and Ministry of Shipping.
• Swachhata Pakhwada: Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate change, Department of School Education and Literacy, and Ministry of Food Processing Industries.
• Special Recognition PSU/Corporates-Donors of Swachh Bharat Kosh: Power Finance Corporation Limited, Larsen and Tubro Limited, and Rural Electrification Corporation Limited.
• Special Recognition PSU/Corporates-Donors for Swachh Iconic Place Initiative: Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, Indian Oil Corporation Limited; and Oil and Natural Gas Commission.
• Ganga Gram: State Uttarakhand; Uttarkashi District, Uttarakhand; Nadia District, West Bengal; Ajeetpur Gram Panchayat, Haridwar District, Uttarakhand.
• ODF Plus on Behaviour Change Communication: Mizoram and Maharashtra
• Swachh Railway Station: Jodhpur Railway Station, Jaipur Railway Station, Tirupa Railway Station
• Swachh National Highway: Tamalwadi Toll Plaza, RO Mumbai, Korlapahad Toll Plaza, RO Hyderabad, Kheda Toll Plaza, RO Gujarat
• Swachh Petrol Pump: IOCL-JRO, Pongam, Thrissur, Kerala; BPCL-Sampat fuels, Indore, Madhya Pradesh; HPCL- Auto care centre- NITI Marg New Delhi
• Swachh Primary Health Centre: PHC Velpuru, West Godavari, Andhra Pradesh; PHC Jamvanthali, Jamnagar, Gujarat; PHC Tavarekere, Davangere, Karnataka
• Swachh School: GPS Koonichempattu, Puducherry; GHS T. Chellandipalayam, Tamil Nadu; GPS Nand, Himachal Pradesh
• Women champions: Laltharzeli (Mizoram); Opung Jerang (Arunachal Pradesh); Bellinda Kharsati (Meghalaya); Aparna Bhattacharjee (Assam); Leiyashon Chiphang (Manipur); Suratan Kahtun (West Bengal); Upasana Khawas (Sikkim); Alimpiya Pal (Tripura); Savita Devi (Bihar); Deepika Mandloi (Madhya Pradesh); Kiran Ravindra Bagmare (Maharashtra); Tumbda Jyotikaben Maheshbhai (D & N Haveli); Asha (Rajasthan); Rathava Jamanaben Vijaysinh (Gujarat); Sangita Gaonkar (Goa); Sangita Jivan Halpati (Daman & Diu); Satyavati Netam (Chhattisgarh); Rajeswary A (Puducherry); Geeta Maurya (Uttarakhand), Jasbir Kaur (Punjab); Simarjeet Kaur (Haryana); Prafulit Kujur (Jharkhand); Sunila Kumari (Himachal Pradesh); Siya Dulari (Uttar Pradesh); Swarna Lalitha (Andhra Pradesh); Sreeja K (Kerala); and K. Selvi (Tamil Nadu)
[ The Blog was first published on https://sbmgramin.wordpress.com/]