08 Mar 2017
And here are shortlisted teams set to participate in Smart India Hackathon 2017 Grand Finale…
AICTE under aegis of MHRD and in collaboration with i4C, Persistent Systems Ltd., UGC, NASSCOM, Rambhau Prabhodini Mhalgi, SumaSoft Pvt. Ltd, Deloitte, ACM India, NIC, and MyGov launched Smart India Hackathon 2017 on Nov 9, 2016 at the hands of Shri. Prakash Javadekar, Hon’ble Minister of HRD, Government of India and Chief Patron, Smart India Hackathon 2017. For the first time ever, 29 different government ministries and departments came together and posed 598 problem statements to technical students participating in this grand initiative. With 7531 idea solutions received from 2100+ technical institutions in India, this surely has been a fantastic response!
Few analytics at a glance:
- Till date, 7531 entries received from 2100+ engineering/technology colleges from across India.
- Each entry is submitted by group of 6 students which means we have 40,000+ students as participants
- Maximum responses received for problem statements from AICTE, Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Rural Development, Ministry of Tourism, and Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Maximum entries received from Tamil Nadu state, followed by Maharashtra
- 300+ submissions received for under ‘Students’ Voice’ sections that invites ideas for problem statements not proposed by any of the ministries.
- A total of 17 Facebook live talks held regarding Smart India Hackathon 2017
- A total of 26 Workshops held to encourage students in every corner of India
- Massive Online Training Sessions (https://www.mygov.in/home.talk) underway to train the participants to code the very best at the Grand Finale
Click here to read the list of shortlisted teams.