7 years of Digital India: Digital Arunachal
Digital India celebrated its 7th anniversary in a week-long event from 4th July to 9th July 2022 where the state of Arunachal Pradesh also took part in it along with all the other states of the country. The Digital India program is a central government flagship program launched on 1st July 2015 by Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Ji, envisaging a transformed India into a digitally empowered society and a self-reliant nation with e-Governance, where the use of technology will enable access to better services for education, health care, infrastructure and agriculture etc. in ensuring transparent and accountable government.
To mark the initiatives undertaken and celebrate the achievements over the course of 7 years, the Digital India week was organised in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. Showcasing the transformative journey the state has undergone digitally over the years, the Digital Arunachal stall was set up at the week-long event, which exhibited various digital initiatives undertaken by the state Govt. to realize the digital reality as envisioned by PM Narendra Modi.
Digital Arunachal primarily highlighted seven projects as discussed below, which demonstrates adaptation of e-Governance in Arunachal Pradesh.
1. Online Inner Line Permit System (eILP)
An Inner Line Permit (ILP) is a legal document issued by the Government permitting an Indian citizen to enter a protected area for a brief period. It is mandatory for all Indian nationals from other states to first get a permit for entry into Arunachal Pradesh. There are various types of ILPs, including one for visitors and another for those who intend to stay for extended periods, often for employment reasons.
eILP was introduced to ease the process of getting an ILP by any Indian citizen entering Arunachal Pradesh. The entire process of issuing an inner line permit has been put online, including application submission, collecting information, fee transaction and status tracking, as well as approval and receipt of the permit, eliminating the requirement for a person to travel to the office. The eILP is a digitally signed document that is fully integrated with the secure payment gateway DigiLocker. It enables ILPs to be completed at home through a laptop or mobile phone. ILPs are available at ILP kiosks located at bus and train stations and check gates.
Achievements / Recognitions:
- Shortlisted for National Conference on eGovernance Awards 2017-18 under Outstanding Performance in Citizen-Centric Service Delivery
- Awarded in the category of Outstanding Technology Project for Connecting the Unconnected by INDIAN EXPRESS in 2017.
- Awarded SKOCH Award-of-Merit in the Category of Smart Governance by SKOCH GROUP 2017
eOffice is an initiative that enables utilising a digital office, improving workflow for both internal and external government operations.
The purpose of its implementation was to introduce and incorporate all administrative departments onto a single, digital platform. In addition to achieving speed, accuracy, and transparency in the State’s governance, the implementation of the e-Office system marked a step toward the creation of a paperless environment for the decision-making process.
eOffice Statistics in Arunachal Pradesh as of 23/06/2022:
The total user account created: 7,921
Total e-File created: 56,563
Total e-File moved: 13,00,468 times
Total e-receipt (Dak) created: 2,56,535
Total e-Receipt moved: 5,15,807 times
Achievements / Recognitions:
- Arunachal Pradesh’s eOffice ranks no. 18th position in Pan India
- Arunachal Pradesh ranks no. 1 amongst the Northeastern States in terms of eOffice usage
3. CMAAY (Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana) web portal
The Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Arunachal Pradesh, oversees CMAAY, a state-wide flagship health programme that began operating in 2018. It strives to reduce financial hardship for the indigenous population of the state who require medical assistance including hospitalizations, by offering financial support and high-quality healthcare services.
The digital platform for CMAAY was launched to provide hassle-free healthcare services to all sections of the society through reduced Out of Pocket (OOP) costs during major illness and hospitalization by facilitating high-quality, cashless healthcare services for the State’s indigenous community and government employees digitally to achieve universal “Health for All” by 2030. The online mode https://cmaay.com/ was introduced so that citizens can avail the services, benefits and additional information regarding Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana (CMAAY) anywhere.
Achievements / Recognitions:
– 57 public hospitals and 33 private sector hospitals empanelled.
-13910 pre-authorizations generated.
-Total Rs 3312.57 Lakhs claims settled.
-Total Rs 3848.33 Lakhs pre-authorization amount requests raised.
Arunachal Pradesh CM-Dashboard is a digital platform that was launched in the year 2018 by the Hon’ble CM of Arunachal Pradesh, Shri Pema Khandu to help the state administration keep track of the execution and application of various development projects and programmes supported by the central government and the state government. It is a web-based real-time monitoring system used as a means to examine each district’s and department’s performance as well as to ensure efficient service delivery and quick decision-making through the use of a digital portal. The initiative has immensely benefited the monitoring and evaluation system to strengthen the governance in the state through the website: http://cmdashboard.arunachal.gov.in
Statistics under CM-Dashboard:
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) beneficiaries – 3,79,489
- Number of beneficiaries enrolled under Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojna – 4,59,422
- Number of Houses completed under Pradhan Mantri Aawas Yojana (Urban) – 4,087
- Number of target Soil Health Cards printed under the Soil Health Card Scheme – 70,113
- Length of Roads constructed under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna – 11,764.982
- Number of FHTCs constructed under Jal Jeevan Mission – 1,24,027
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay Swavalamban Yojna beneficiaries – 326
- Number of beneficiaries credit-linked under Bagwani Scheme – 3,609
- Number of beneficiaries credit-linked under Aatma Nirbhar Krishi Yojna – 2,404
5. Portal for e-Indigenous Folklore and Folk music
Portal for e-Indigenous Folklore and Folk music was launched as a one-stop digital platform that promotes and unifies all of the indigenous tribes’ traditions, cuisines, folklore, music, costumes, and festivals in Arunachal Pradesh.
Through the e-Indigenous Folklore and Folk Music Integrated Portal, the Government of Arunachal Pradesh aims to promote and raise awareness of the customs, cultures, crafts, occupations, folklore, and cuisine of Arunachal Pradesh, both within and outside of the state by enabling citizens to connect through a single server.
The web portal includes photos/videos content comprising the following:
- Information on 26+ major tribes and 100+ minor tribes
- Over 20 Festivals
- Ceremonies of Marriage/Birth Rituals
- Traditional Dance
- Folk Songs (at least 20)
- Traditions, Cuisines, Cultural Festivals and Dresses
- Death Rituals
- Scripts and books
- Reward and Recognition, and so on
6. APSSB & APPSC portal
APSSB & APPSC web portal is a paperless, cashless, online recruitment system for the administrative related services of the state. In order to bring transparency to the recruitment process for all Group A&B services under APPSC and Group C and subordinate services under APSSB, the state services recruitment portal of the Arunachal Pradesh Staff Selection Board (APSSB) and Arunachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) has been in operation since its launch. It has enabled job seekers to keep up with the most recent information on the boards’ service vacancies as well as allowed applicants to submit applications, make payments, download admit cards, and check results from anywhere in the state.
Achievements so far:
- APSSB web portal
- No. of exams notified – 51
- No. of exams conducted and result announced – 32
- No. Applications – 2,49,789
- No. of Admit card issued – 98,354
- Total Transactions (financial) – More than Rs.3.63 crores
- APPSC web portal
- No. of exams notified – 35
- No. of exams conducted and result announced – 22
- No. Applications – 80,136
- No. of Admit card issued – 80,136
- Total Transactions (financial) – More than Rs 1.48 crore
A programme that was launched to offer residents of Arunachal Pradesh administrative services in only a few short minutes through the online portal eservice.arunachal.gov.in. Through this digital service, users can request official papers from the government in the convenience of one’s own home such as:
Under District Administration Department
– ePass for 50 Years of Arunachal Pradesh and 36th Statehood Day Celebration (New)
-Application for Issue of Inner Line Permit
-Application for New Govt. Identity Card
-Temporary Resident Certificate for Enrolment in the Indian Army
-Issuance of Marriage Certificate
-Issuance of Schedule Tribe Certificate
-Issuance of Permanent Residence Certificate (PRC)
-Issuance of Temporary Residence Certificate (TRC)
-Issuance of Income Certificate
-Issuance of Dependent Certificate
-Issuance of Character Certificate
Under District Police Department
-Police Clearance Certificate
-Domestic Help Verification
-No Objection Certificate for Tender