Ayushman Bharat PMJAY – Caring for Life
With a vision to transform India into a nation of progress, power and peace, Hon’ble PM Shri Narendra Modi has been making a consistent effort by reforming governance system, introducing various schemes and running pan India awareness campaigns on various vital issues.
Aligned with the same vision and a mission to create a Swasth Bharat, health scenario in the country has undergone massive changes in ensuring quality of life of the citizens. Better access to quality medical treatment, prioritisation of health of pregnant and lactating women and launch of medical insurance schemes especially for economically weaker sections, have come a long way in transforming the health sector of the country.
What is Ayushman Bharat?
A groundbreaking initiative to address health concerns with a holistic approach. Ayushman Bharat adopts a continuum of care approach, comprising two inter-related components. The first component pertains to the creation of 1,50,000 Health and Wellness Centres which will bring health care closer to the public especially in rural areas. The second component is the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) which provides health cover to poor and vulnerable families.
On September 23, 2018, India witnessed a paradigm shift in the health sector as PMJAY under Ayushman Bharat made its debut with the aim to benefit 10 crore families of which 27 beneficiaries are in the state of Assam.
Announced in the Union Budget 2018-19 and a brainchild of Hon’ble PM Shri Narendra Modi, this scheme covers comprehensive coverage up to Rs 5 lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary care treatment. It is the Government’s vision to provide quality medical treatment to every section of the society with priority given to BPL families.
More about PMJAY:
- PMJAY will cover 50 crore individuals
- In Assam, the scheme will cover35 crore individuals(approximately) identified by Socio Economic Caste Census (2011)
- Coverage of Rs5 lakh per family per year
- There is no restrictionon family size, age or gender
- All members of eligible families as present in SECCdatabase are automatically covered
- Includes pre & post hospitalisation expense
- Free treatment available at public or empanelledprivate hospitals across the country
- Any prescribed ID is required to be produced for availing treatment