DRDO@60 – 60 Years of Achievements
The Defence Research & Development Organisation, DRDO is tasked with designing, developing and producing cutting edge technologies that make our armed forces indomitable not only in the battlefield but also in the minds of our adversaries. With the global paradigm shifting rapidly, the need to strengthen our defence sector assumes greater importance.
The ‘Make in India’ initiative by our honorable Prime Minister has proven to be a shot-in-the-arm not only for the DRDO but for the Aerospace and Defence industry.
DRDO has been developing platforms that have considerably enhanced our fighting capabilities. In this pursuit of excellence, the DRDO has helped India achieved few notable achievements, viz.
- One of the 4 counties to have Multi level Strategic Capability
- One of the 4 countries to have Airborne Warning & Control System (AEW&C)
- One of the 5 counties to have our own Fourth plus Generation fighter aircraft
- One of the 5 countries to have its own Ballistic Missile Defence Programme
- One of the 7 countries to have developed its own Main Battle Tank
- One of the select few countries to have its own Electronic Warfare and Multi Range Radar Program
This e-brochure is giving an overview of the products developed under various technology-areas of DRDO.
Click here to read the eBrochure