19 Jul 2018
Covered in the lap of nature, Haflong is the only hill station in the Dima Hasao district of Assam. Standing at an altitude of 2,300 feet above sea level, this hilly terrain is truly a nature’s paradise offering panoramic landscapes, lush greenery & mist covered hills. Besides, it is a hub for all travel junkies who are in pursuit of some adrenaline rush.
Where to go in and around Haflong?
Offering a wide array of choices for recreational activities, one can pay a visit to:
- Haflong Lake– This natural water body is popular among tourists as it offers many water sports to choose from. If you prefer solitude, you can just sit by the lake and relax your weary bones.
- A trek to Borail Hill– Mount up to the 2nd highest peak in Assam located in the Borail range, which overlooks the Barak Valley leaving you awestruck with its breathtaking view.
- Fiangpui church– Located atop the hills of Haflong, this church is a sight to behold. It is also the largest church in Dima Hasao district.
- Jatinga Valley– As mysterious as it gets, this small village located approximately 9 km away from Haflong town is famous for its mysterious ‘bird suicide’. Thousands of birds of different species fly to this place between September and October and fall prey to death under mysterious circumstances.
- Maibang– Revisit history as the town takes you back to the 16th century era during the reign of Dimasa Kingdom. This town was the capital of the Dimasa Kingdom & the ruins of the Kingdom can still be found there.
How to reach?
- The nearest airport is Silchar. Cabs are available from Silchar airport to Haflong.
- The nearest railway station is Haflong.
- Haflong is well connected by road from all the major cities.