Online Classes in Engineering and Polytechnic Colleges
In the view of safety of teachers and students from the corona virus epidemic and in the light of such guidelines issued by University Grant Commission (UGC), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Human Resource Development (Govt. of India) and State Government, the department has suggested technical institutions under its purview to conduct online classes during the lockdown period, so that teaching-learning process of students studying in technical institutions remain unaffected.
We are jointly combating COVID-19 pandemic by taking preventive and precautionary measures, maintaining social distancing and staying in our homes. We can utilize this time productively by engaging On-Line teaching-learning process. A number of such platforms are being run by the UGC, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Inter University Centres (IUCs) – Information and Library Network (INFLIBNET) and Consortium for Educational Communication (CEC) that can be accessed by teachers, students and researchers in universities and colleges for broadening their horizon of learning. Following is the list of some of the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) initiatives along with their links:
1. SWAYAM online courses: (https://storage.googleapis.com/uniquecourses/online.html)
2. UG/PG MOOCs: (http://ugcmoocs.inflibnet.ac.in/ugcmoocs/moocs_courses.php)
3. AICTE ELIS Portal: (http://free.aicte-india.org//)
4. e-PG Pathshala: (epgp.inflibnet.ac.in)
5. e-Content courseware in UG subjects: (http://cec.nic.in/)
6. SWAYAMPRABHA: (https://www.swayamprabha.gov.in/)
7. CEC-UGC YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/cecedusat)
8. National Digital Library: (https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in/)
9. Shodhganga: (https://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/)
10. e-Shodh Sindhu: (https://ess.inflibnet.ac.in/)
11. Vidwan: (https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/)
Directorate of Technical Education, Higher, Department of Technical Education and Skill Development, Government of Jharkhand has advised all technical educational institutions, under its purview, to make maximum use of ICT / e-learning methods to continue the teaching and learning process during lockdown. Also, in view of the epidemic, the technical educational institutions will ensure compliance of all the guidelines issued from time to time by the MHRD & MHA of GoI, AICTE, UGC and State Government, keeping the academic work of the students suspended in the campus.
We need to continue the war against the epidemic through our coordinated and collective efforts and make good use of time in the current situation by adopting ICT in the teaching-learning process and contributing to the intellectual property of the nation.
Total Comments - 0