School Fagathansi is encouraging students to attend school
Education plays a huge role in shaping up the best of any nation’s future. No nation can grow or develop when the quality of education system of the nation is poor.
As an initiative to improve the condition of Government schools of the State for overall development in shaping future pillars of the society, Chief Minister of Manipur Shri N. Biren Singh launched School Fagathansi Mission (Go To School)under Go To Village Mission on 18 January 2019 at Yumnam Huidrom High School, Wangoi in Imphal West District. After the huge success run of Government missions such ‘Go To Village’ and ‘Go To Hills’, Go To School aims to give renewed thrust towards the improvement of Government schools both in terms of physical and manpower infrastructure. On 31 May 2019, an order was issued for implementation of the mission in one school each in all the 60 Assembly constituencies of the State.
(Image Source: E-pao.net)
Speaking at the launch event, Chief Minister had stated that the Government intends to put special focus on improving the quality of Government institutions in the state as the economic condition of the common people is not improving despite of the government’s efforts as they generally spend huge amount of money in children’s education. He also expressed his hope about the new mission in earning back the long-lost trust of the people towards Government schools. He also urged all the concerned authorities and committees to extend cooperation to local people, educationalists, local club members and Meira Paibee leaders as the success of the mission strongly required their participation. He also stated selected schools under the mission will be managed by re-defined management committees in addition to the existing school management committees.
Under this mission, one Government school each in all the 60 Assembly constituencies of the State will be developed as model schools in the first phase so that the admission rate in these institutions could be encouraged by providing necessary infrastructures. All the model schools will run and develop in a uniform pattern.
The parameters under the mission are as follows:
- Conceptualized approach for improving School Education sector in the State.
- Garner trust of the people towards Government schools so as to increase both performance and enrolment.
- Each school to accommodate 600-1000 students or have the capacity to grow to accommodate the same.
- Conversion of composite schools with different class structures comprising of Primary classes to X/XII.
- Introduction to pre-primary section at nearby Anganwadi Centers close to the identified schools under the mission in consultation with Social Welfare Dept.
- Selection of teachers shall be based on interview in the beginning of academic session from amongst available Government school teachers through notification.
- Selected teachers shall serve for at least 3 years and their continuance shall be based on their performance and other criteria set by the Department.
- Infrastructural inputs such as classrooms, laboratories, clean drinking water facilities, etc. meeting basic standards as per RTE and other relevant norms.
- Involving local stakeholders to improve school education.
The lists of 60 schools under the mission for the current academic year 2019-20 are as follows:
- Ningthoukhong Higher Secondary School, Bishnupur, Bishnupur District
- Wangoo Higher Secondary School, Kumbi, Bishnupur
- Moirang Multipurpose Higher Secondary School, Moirang, Bishnupur
- Leimapokpam Public High School, Nambol, Bishnupur
- Oinam Girls’ High School, Oinam, Bishnupur
- Thanga High School, Thanga, Bishnupur District.
- Maha Union Higher Secondary School, Chandel, Chandel District
- Rengkai Higher Secondary School, Churachandpur, Churachandpur District.
- Kangvai Higher Secondary School, Henglep, Churachandpur
- Sagang Higher Secondary School, Saikot, Churachandpur
- Singngat High School, Singngat, Churachandpur
- Moirangpurel High School, Andro, Imphal East
- Heingang High School, Heingang, Imphal East
- Urup High School, Keirao, Imphal East
- Khundrakpam Chingkhu High School, Khundrakpam, Imphal East
- Khurai Popular High School, Khurai, Imphal East
- Irilbung High School, Kshetrigai, Imphal East
- Lamlai Higher Secondary School, Lamlai, Imphal East
- Eastern Ideal High School, Thongju, Imphal East
- Ananda Singh Higher Secondary Academy, Wangkhei, Imphal East
- C. Higher Secondary School, Yaiskul, Imphal East
- Ramlal Paul Higher Secondary School, Keishamthong, Imphal West
- K. Ideal High School, Konthoujam, Imphal West
- Praja High School, Lamsang, Imphal West
- Lilong Higher Secondary School, Langthabal, Imphal West
- Tomchou Higher Secondary School, Mayang Imphal, Imphal West
- Malom Megha High School, Naoriya Pakhanglakpa, Imphal West
- Model Higher Secondary School, Patsoi, Imphal West
- G. Higher Secondary School, Sagolband, Imphal West
- Hindi Secondary School, Sekmai, Imphal West
- Singjamei Chingamakha High School, Singjamei, Imphal West
- Lilasing Khongnangkhong High School, Thangmeiband, Imphal West
- Ibotonsana Girls’ Higher Secondary School, Uripok, Imphal West
- Yumnam Huidrom High School, Wangoi, Imphal West
- Netaji High School, Jiribam, Jiribam District
- Langmeidong Higher Secondary School, Hiyanglam, Kakching
- Kakching Makha High School, Kakching, Kakching District
- Sugnu Higher Secondary School, Sugnu , Kakching
- Kakching Higher Secondary School, Wabagai, Kakching
- Kamjong High School, Phungyar, Kamjong
- Waichong High School, Kangpokpi, Kangpokpi District
- Thangtong Higher Secondary School, Saikul, Kangpokpi
- Motbung High School, Saitu, Kangpokpi
- Tengkonjang Higher Secondary School, Nungba, Noney
- Thanlon Higher Secondary School, Thanlon, Pherzawl
- Parbung Higher Secondary School, Tipaimuk, Pherzawl
- Purul Higher Secondary School, Karong, Senapati
- Paomata High School, Mao, Senapati
- Mao Maram Higher Secondary School, Tadubi, Senapati
- Langmei Higher Secondary School, Tamei, Tamenglong
- Tamenglong Higher Secondary School, Tamenglong, Tamenglong District
- Moreh Higher Secondary School, Tengnoupal, Tamenglong
- Sekmai Khumbi High School, Heirok, Thoubal
- Khangabok Higher Secondary School, Khangabok, Thoubal
- Lilong Higher Secondary Madrassa, Lilong, Thoubal
- New Ideal High School, Thoubal, Thoubal District
- Wangjing High School, Wangjing, Thoubal
- Yairipok High School, Wangkhem, Thoubal
- Somdal N.K. Higher Secondary School, Chingai, Ukhrul
- Ukhrul Higher Secondary School, Ukhrul, Ukhrul District
School Fagathansi Mission was launched as it is the responsibility of the government to provide to its citizen good schools with highly-qualified teachers and also equipped with adequate up-to-date infrastructure and facilities.
Total Comments - 0