Winner Announcement of ATL Marathon 2019
The flagship challenge of Atal Innovation Mission, the Atal Tinkering Lab (ATL) Marathon 2019 was launched on Children’s Day, 14th November 2019.
This six month long competition was unique as it was designed by the students for the students. The most pressing problem faced by the youth within their schools and community was highlighted and participant students came out with interesting and exhaustive innovations to find a solution for it.
Over 9000+ students participated in Phase 1 and 2 and more than 1100+ teams from 29 States and Union Territories submitted their innovative ideas for Phase 3.
With a strong emphasis on research, this year’s Marathon had the following themes:
- Enabling a sustainable Environment and Justice
- Enabling outcome driven Quality Education
- Enhancing Health and Hygiene
- Ensuring Inclusivity and Equality for all
From the 1100+ entries, the best 150 teams were selected after a thorough and robust evaluation process.
Few details about the Top 150 teams-
- All states and UTs that applied are represented in the Top 150 wherein most entries were received from Maharashtra (15), Delhi (14), Andhra Pradesh (12), Punjab (11), Kerala (10) and so on.
- Participation from North-Eastern states is encouraging wherein we received major entries from Assam, Manipur, Sikkim and Meghalaya.
- We have around 61 all girl teams and 89 mixed teams in Top 150.
- We also have 84 teams from Government schools who took part in the ATL Marathon from remote districts like Churu (Rajasthan), Kannur (Kerala), Cuddapah (Andhra Pradesh), Singtam (Sikkim), East Khasi Hills (Meghalaya), Bishnupur (Manipur) and so on.
The winning teams will be awarded exciting opportunities by Atal Innovation Mission and its partners which will be announced very shortly.
The list of winning teams can be found here.
Link to winners – https://aim.gov.in/ATLMarathon2019Announcement.pdf
Heartiest Congratulations to all!