How the Government has been serving the Poor and Marginalized for the last 8 Years
8 years of Serving the Nation On 30th May, 2022, the PM Narendra Modi’s lead government completed eight years. If we are to describe these eight years, we can describe it as minimum government and maximum governance. This mantra is what PM Modi followed for his government and has led the nation and in this process continued to serve the nation, especially the poor and the marginalized group.
These past eight years have been devoted by the government to efforts aimed at the middle class, the empowerment of women, the implementation of pro-farmer policies, the creation of educational and job opportunities for our youth, and the promotion of social justice throughout all of India’s regions. If we take a close look into the policies and the initiatives of our PM Modi led government, we can proudly say that this government has worked day and night for the poor and the marginalised. The work especially done for these marginalized groups during the pandemic is a great example. These eight years have not been an easy road but has been filled with numerous obstacles and roadblocks in the government’s way.
The biggest obstacle during this time would have to be the pandemic that shocked the whole world. India along with the rest of the world was in grasp of this newly found virus which was claiming lives everyday along with paralysing the growth rate and the economy. During this time our PM Modi led the nation with grit and determination and in the process uplifting the nation and inspiring not only India but the whole world and making us believe that this too shall pass.
If we list the achievements of PM Modi’s lead government it would result in a humongous book with multiple volumes, but still if we are to highlight some of the major achievements and policies of the government that would include the repealing of Article 370. The provision of Article 370, which granted Jammu and Kashmir a distinct status, was revoked. This was an important step taken by the Government and fulfilled the wish and made India whole. The next great achievement would be during pandemic period where PM Modi made the announcement that the economically disadvantaged will get free rations. After then, the programme was prolonged during the second wave, and it will continue to be prolonged by an additional six months until March 2022. Because of this programme, there were 80 crore people who were eligible to get free rations every month. Another achievement during this pandemic would be that in the midst of the COVID-19 outbreak, the under administration of PM Modi started a countrywide immunisation effort. India has delivered over 193 billion doses of the COVID vaccine as part of what is considered the biggest immunisation campaign in the world. The nation has also managed to vaccinate the majority of its 15- to 18-year-old population. India has likewise conducted a successful precautionary dosage campaign for its adult citizens. If we look into polices like Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana which is a nationwide public health insurance scheme of the Government of India that intends to offer low-income earners with free access to health insurance coverage. Over 22 billion individuals have enrolled for the programme. All such policies and initiatives are the indication of the eight years of service by PM Modi and his government.
2) Under the guidance and leadership of Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, India has witnessed a paradigm shift closer to human beings-centric governance. The last 8 years of the Government have been based on betterment of citizens of India, up-skilling students and many to have great success in whatever field they have chosen whether it’s business, farming, environmental science, engineering and so on. We, the citizens of India, has been following the Prime minister’s mantra of ‘Reform, Perform, Transform’, since last 8 years and getting better results as we are changing with the change! In this 8 years, government has made change in almost every sector across the country. We are now Learning, developing and making change in every field to overcome our past mistakes. Here’s the precise gist of sector which has been changed over a period of time and policies which are made in particular.
- Healthcare: COVID-19 changed into an remarkable state of affairs for the complete global. Despite the extreme burden on scientific facilities, India handled the pandemic in a centred and efficient manner. Through a concerted push via the Government, India have become domestic to the largest and fastest vaccination power within the world.
Schemes: Government launched the world’s largest insurance coverage scheme- Ayushman Bharat Yojana and launched Aarogyasetu app for making everything easier. Also, affordable medicines over 8,700 Janaushadhi Kendras were established.
- Infrastructure: With a primary push in the direction of infrastructure development centred on enhancing last mile connectivity in the remotest regions have also witnessed never seen earlier than improvement. Through a concerted focus on digitisation through the Digital India initiative, processes such as tax filing, insurance claims and government paperwork have been streamlined and simplified.
Schemes: Infrastructure Development (ID) Scheme, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban, Gramin
- Initiatives for poor people from the very 1st Day: The clarion name of ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas, Sabka Prayaas’ became the cornerstone of policies geared toward enhancing the lives of the underprivileged. As with the onset of COVID the country went into lockdown, Government schemes including PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana led to free distribution of rations to underprivileged people.
Schemes: PM Ujjwala Yojana, PM SVANidhi Scheme, Jal Jeevan Mission, Direct Benefit Transfers (DBT), PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana, PM KISAN, PM Fasal Bima Yojana.
- Education: Government is supporting many students via providing monetary assist and scholarship for their similarly education in order that our united states can make valuable adjustments in close to destiny. It is assisting many students in selecting the field they need and take a look at the topics which they prefer and have hobby in. The platform MyGov ‘Sabka Vikas Maha Quiz’ conducts quizzes occasionally to sharpen the memory of youth and recognise extra about contemporary affairs and each component in existence. This quizzes enables students to get expertise of each discipline in a superb manner. Also authorities encourages college students through maintaining coins rewards in order that it is able to advantage them and they are able to actively participate in future as nicely.
Schemes: National Doctoral Fellowship (NDF), Pragati Scholarship Scheme, Saksham Scholarship Scheme
- Business: India is assisting and inspiring begin in the field of business. Youth of the Nation has greater innovative ideas and skills, but just because of lack of capital and knowledge about the way to begin a commercial enterprise, we were lacking behind. But with the guide of government, the whole lot is possible and those get confidence as they have got support from the authority. They are giving financial guide, self-assurance and braveness to get succeed in life.
Schemes: MSME Loan, Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana (PMMY), National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC), Credit Linked Capital Subsidy Scheme (CLCSS).
India is now gradually embarking on the course to turning into a superpower where its voice is heard and wherein it’s miles visible as an equal accomplice. Through a plethora of improvement tasks we’re unlocking the potential of India and developing a nation of human beings-led governance & prosperity.
3) One thing has been said in our history
With this principle our government led by Prime minister Narendra Modi worked for eight consecutive years only for the welfare of the people. Along with the welfare of the poor people, the government has worked with full dedication in many areas, such as in the field of education, in the field of women’s development, in the field of technology, etc. in these 8 year’s the government has made progress.
The government had to face the most challenges in the field of health sector because when the whole world was going through such an epidemic, then our nation was also in the grip of this epidemic. Our government faced this epidemic with great patience and provided health related service to the homes of the people and also provide free ration to the people.
Here our government has achieved success in every sector in 8 years through its schemes which are as follows –
Women empowerment – (Beti bachao, Beti padhao)
Education is the biggest weapon for the development of the country and its is possible only when every single daughter of our nation will be educated and this dream come true by launching a scheme which was ‘’BETI BACHAO BETI PADHAO’’ the sole purpose of this scheme was educate the people against gender bias and improve efficacy of welfare service for girls, and with this scheme our government has launched many such scheme keeping in and women of every , which can give them employment , education and financial assistance. Pradhan Mantri Sukanya samriddhi yojana, ujjawala yojana, Pradhan Mantri mudra yojana, maternity benefit etc.
Pradhan Mantri ujjawala yojana –
This scheme launched by our honourable prime minister Narendra Modi. The objectives of this scheme were to provide clean fuel to those family who belong to below poverty line. This target was already achieved by the government.
Ayushman Bharat yojana
The aim of this scheme to provide free health insurance to the poor and economic weaker section of the country. The person who is poor and who is financially weak who cannot get the medical treatment can get the treatment under this scheme. Under this scheme the government launched free vaccination programme in the very crucial time COVID-19 pandemic.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan anna Yojana
It is the food security welfare scheme and this scheme was launched by the government at the time of COVID-19 pandemic. Under this scheme the migrant worker, women and children were provided free ration and also all the migrant worker who had missed their work during the pandemic were also provided financial support.
In this way the government may have spent its 8 years in the service of the people.
[These are 3 different blogs collated as a single blog written by our MyGov Interns Tathagat Das, Shruti Kharat and Richa Singh respectively.]
Total Comments - 0