Chief minister’s college students’ rehabilitation scheme (CMCSRS), 2023
The “Chief Minister’s College Students Rehabilitation Scheme (CMCSRS), 2023” aims at providing the required educational facilities to the displaced and affected undergraduate students studying in the Government or Government Aided Colleges of Manipur because of the prevailing social unrest in the state. The scheme is initiated to enable the displaced undergraduate students to continue with their education without interruption.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHEME
- To facilitate the transfer of students from the present college to a new college as per the request made by the students.
- To provide free admission/waiver for affected students in the Government and Government Aided Colleges of Manipur for the academic session 2023-24.
- To provide monetary grants to the affected undergraduate students to purchase books, stationery, uniforms and other requirements for continuing their education.
- To control the dropout rate of the students in the undergraduate level as envisaged under NEP, 2020.
- To maintain a healthy Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) of the students in the colleges of Manipur as provided under NEP, 2020.
- To encourage a hybrid/blended mode of learning in higher education by making provisions for the availability of IT gadgets and software etc. to the affected students.
Only students studying in any semester of the Undergraduate Programme at any Government or Government Aided College of Manipur are eligible to apply under the CMCSRS, 2023.
|Sl. No.||Category||Relief Component|
|1||Directly Affected Students||i) Transfer to a new college (as per request)|
|ii) Free admission for 2023-24 (Admission amount ranging from Rs. 5000 to/- Rs. 9000/- as per the stream/subjects offered|
|iii) One-time rehabilitation grant of Rs. 10,000/- (Rs. 5,000/- as book/ stationery grant and Rs. 2,000/- for uniform and Rs. 3,000/- for miscellaneous expenditure)|
|iv) Free Smart Phones under CMCMESS|
|v) Provision for free sanitary pads and sports equipment under UHEHFS (for girl students)|
|2||Inter-College Transfer Facility||i) Transfer to a new college (as per request)|
|ii) Free admission for 2023-24 (Admission amount ranging from Rs. 5,000/- to Rs. 9,000/-as per the stream/subjects offered), wherever applicable|
HOW TO APPLY
Those affected students studying in the Government and Government Aided Colleges of Manipur may apply online in a given portal/link to be notified later to avail of benefits under the Scheme. The notification for application shall be published in major newspapers of the state and announced on All India Radio/ Local TV Channels. The eligible students will be given sufficient time to apply online for the Scheme. The tentative timeline for notification will be around 3rd week of July 2023. In case of unavailability of the Internet, arrangements will be made for application submission through the districts’ Deputy Commissioner.
SELECTION OF BENEFICIARIES
- A Screening Committee shall screen all the applications submitted till the last date of submission.
- The Committee shall establish the genuineness of the applications based on the documents submitted by the applications along with verification by the concerned college/locality etc.
- The applicants need to submit a Certificate issued by the SDO/SDC of the subdivision/circle where the applications are residing at the time of application in this regard.
The Scheme is one-time and will be implemented only in 2023-24 in view of the prevailing unrest in the state of Manipur. However, it is subject to continuation in the following years as deemed fit by the Government.
DISTRIBUTION/AVAILING OF SCHEME BENEFITS
The duly recommended list of beneficiaries shall be approved by the Administrative Department of Higher Education, Government of Manipur. The distribution of benefits under the Scheme shall be carried out as per the sequence given below:
- The transfer of students as per their request from the present college to a choice/new college shall be affected as per seat vacancies/feasibility in the colleges.
- The students shall get themselves admitted to the new colleges free of cost. The students can admit in the next semester if he/she has passed the preceding semester examinations in the previous college. The principals of the colleges concerned shall submit a report on the details of such students who have been admitted under the Scheme to the Director, University and Higher Education, Government of Manipur.
- The colleges concerned shall immediately enrol/register these students in N-LIST and Moodle LMS for extended support on e-resources and online classes.
- The rehabilitation grant of Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand) under the Scheme shall be transferred to the individual bank accounts of the respective student beneficiaries through DBT.
- Applicants eligible for getting support under Chief Minister’s College Maheiroi E-support Scheme (CMCMESS) will be given smartphones under the Scheme.
- Selected girl student applicants shall be providing free sanitary pads, and sports equipment under the University & Higher Education Health and Fitness Scheme (UHEHFS), a Scheme for Empowering Girls Through Physical Fitness, Health & Menstrual Hygiene Management.
Click Here for List of Government/Government-Aided Colleges (Affiliated with MU) Under The Chief Minister’s College Students’ Rehabilitation Scheme-2023